SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER at ULTRASIGNUP.COM on the MIWOK 100K PAGE: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=33379. The “Volunteer” button is in the lower right corner of the photo. You can also email the RD directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Miwok 100K could not take place without many wonderful volunteers who mark the course, prepare food for and work at the aid stations and the start/finish, and help remove the ribbons and clean up afterwards.If you’d like to be indispensable (and have a lot of fun without running all that way), let us know when you’re available.
- Eight hours of volunteer work at Miwok fulfills the WS100 and other 100-miler service requirements.
- Eight hours of volunteer work at the Miwok 100K also gets you an extra ticket in the following year’s Miwok entry drawing.
2016 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Friday, 5/6 – Mark a section of the course.
- Saturday, 5/7 – Staff an aid station (times and locations vary)
- Saturday, 5/7 – Sweep a 10- to 15-mile section of the course, following tight behind the last runners.
- Saturday, 5/7 – Sweep ~14 miles from Randall to the finish, following the last runners (5pm-9pm). This is a surreal & beautiful supported nighttime training run opportunity! Test out that new flashlight/headlamp …
- Saturday, 5/7 – Post-race Party: help straighten up the Community Center, load the truck, and walk away with some delicious leftovers.
- Sunday, 5/8 – Clean up race supplies at storage locker in Marin, near the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- Sunday, 5/8 and Monday, 5/9 – Sweep a section of the course and remove ribbons and any trash (what? no way, Miwok runners leave no trace.)