SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER by clicking this link: https://racehubhq.com/races/Miwok100k2019VolunteerRegistration . You can also email the RD directly at: email@example.com.
The Miwok 100K could not take place without many wonderful volunteers who mark the course, prepare food for and work at the aid stations and the start/finish, and help remove the ribbons and clean up afterwards.
If you’d like to be indispensable (and have a lot of fun without running all that way), let us know when you’re available.
- Eight hours of volunteer work at Miwok fulfills the WS100 and some other 100-miler service requirements.
- Eight hours of volunteer work at the Miwok 100K also gets you an extra ticket in the 2020 25th Anniversary Miwok entry lottery.
If you’re running the race, consider asking a friend or two to come along as volunteers. You’ll all have fun, and you won’t have to drive yourself all the way home after running 62 miles!
2019 Volunteer Opportunities:
Friday, 5/3 – Mark a section of the course.
- Saturday, 5/4 – Staff an aid station (times and locations vary)
- Saturday, 5/4 – Sweep a 10- to 15-mile section of the course, following tight behind the last runners.
- Saturday, 5/4 – Sweep ~14 miles from Randall to the finish, following the last runners (5pm-9pm). This is a surreal & beautiful supported nighttime training run opportunity! Test out that new flashlight/headlamp …
- Saturday, 5/4 – Post-race Clean-up Party: help straighten up the Community Center, load the truck, and walk away with some delicious leftovers.
- Sunday, 5/5 – Clean up race supplies at storage locker in Marin, near the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- Sunday, 5/5 and Monday, 5/6 – Sweep a section of the course and remove ribbons and any trash (what? no way! Miwok runners leave no trace.)
Stan Jensen manages the ultra-useful website run100s.com, as well as having contributed to the Miwok 100K website for as long as it has been around. Stan is also a co-director of the H.U.R.T. 100 in Hawaii.
Stan is Aid Station Captain at Miwok’s Tennessee Valley Aid Station and has weathered many changes to the race over the years. He’s always got a smile on his face, a word of support for the Race Director, and has helped countless runners cross the finish line at Miwok, Western States and more.
Big thanks to our 2018 Captains and Clubs, along with all the fantastic 2018 volunteers:
Course-marking: Florencia Gascon-Amyx
Muir Beach: Fred Liebes and Charlene Bayles
Truck Wrangler: Errol ‘Rocket’ Jones
Tennessee Valley: Stan Jensen
Bridge View: Ana Braga-Levaggi, Tamalpa
Cardiac: Alex Varner and Jorge Maravilla, SF Running Company w/Brett Rivers
Bolinas Ridge: Omar Droubi, Colby Droubi, Margaret Branick-Abilla, Franz and Jennifer Dill, Coastside Running Club
Randall: Chuck Wilson (and the barfies)
Finish: Jim Richards, Excelsior
Supplies: Alicia Drew
Security: Erick Kasiulis
RD Assistant: Ken Preston