The Miwok 100K could not take place without many wonderful volunteers who mark the course prior to race day, prepare food for and work at the aid stations and the start/finish, and help remove the ribbons and clean up afterwards.If you’d like to be indispensable (and have a lot of fun without running all that way), e-mail Tia at firstname.lastname@example.org or Florencia at email@example.com and let us know when you’re available. We’ll post a volunteer link [here] with detailed information in January, or email us now for your choice of spots! For your time, you receive a Volunteer T-shirt, snacks, and all the camaraderie you can handle.
- Eight hours of volunteer work at Miwok fulfills the WS100 and other 100-miler service requirements.
- Eight hours of volunteer work at the Miwok 100K also gets you an extra ticket in the following year’s Miwok entry lottery.
2016 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Friday, 5/6 – Mark a section of the course.
- Saturday, 5/7 – Staff an aid station (times and locations vary)
- Saturday, 5/7 – Sweep a 10- to 15-mile section of the course, following tight behind the last runners.
- Saturday, 5/7 – Sweep ~14 miles from Randall to the finish, following the last runners (5pm-9pm). This is a surreal & beautiful supported nighttime training run opportunity! Test out that new flashlight/headlamp …
- Saturday, 5/7 – Post-race Party: help straighten up the Community Center, load the truck, and walk away with some delicious leftovers.
- Sunday, 5/8 – Clean up race supplies at storage locker in Marin, near the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
- Sunday, 5/8 and Monday, 5/9 – Sweep a section of the course and remove ribbons and any trash (what? no way, Miwok runners leave no trace.)