Pre-Race Entrant Letter #1 – 4/10/16Good morning, Miwok Entrants - Four weeks until race day! We’ve had some great rain, the flowers are out and the dust is down. It is time to put the finishing touches on your training, dial in your nutrition and hydration, pack a small drop bag or two, and look at the 2016 cutoffs so you’re clear on pace. This week would be a good time to review the updated Miwok 100K website to be sure you understand the course, know the rules and are ready to revel in the beautiful trails and views. Links to google maps/driving directions to the start and each aid station are now on the website. If you’ve got questions, don’t wait till race week! Email me now (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our Shoe/Apparel/Hydration System sponsor is Salomon, and Tailwind is the on-course electrolyte/calorie drink. We’ve picked up a great local brewer – Headlands Brewing Company, and Tec Labs is once again providing their very effective poison oak wash. BIB PICKUP OPTIONS:
- pre-race at San Francisco Running Company (SFRC), 247 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley: Wednesday, May 4: 10:00-6:00, Thursday, May 5: 10:00-5:00, Friday, May 6: 10:00-5:00
- on race morning inside the Community Center, from 4:00 - 4:45 a.m.
DROP BAGS – On race morning, there will be signs showing where to place your TV, Randall and Finish drop bags.
NEED VOLUNTEERS – We are looking for 5 more volunteers to help with check-‐in at the Community Center from 3:30 -‐ 4:45 a.m.; if one of your crew people would like to pitch in and have extra fun, ask them to email me at email@example.com. In addition to the rules listed under rules/faq/dq on the website, please observe the following:
- No course cutting, including any switchbacks throughout the race.
- Coming down Old Springs trail (into Tennessee Valley aid station the second time) you must walk through the stable area from the fallen log all the way to the “OK to run now” sign. (Kids’ riding lessons are Saturdays and our permission to use Tennessee Valley rests on everyone walking through the stable/corral areas.)
- No outside aid except at “Crew OK” aid stations: Tennessee Valley, Muir Beach and Randall. You are responsible for your crew’s and pacer’s behavior.
- No littering (yeah, you already knew that!), including violating the park services’ “no poop in the woods” policy. Use the portables at the start and each aid station.
- Daypacks and coolers will not be accepted as Tenn. Valley or Randall dropbags and will not be transported out to aid stations. They are ok to use as Finish Area dropbags.
- You must obey all directives from Law Enforcement, Park Officials, Road Crossing Monitors, Aid Station Captains and the Race Director.
- No smoking anywhere on the course.
- No dogs at aid stations or the start/finish area.
- Pacers must sign a waiver before leaving Randall with their runner.
- Be nice to everybody and thank the volunteers.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE – SATURDAY, MAY 7
- 3:30 a.m. – Stinson Beach parking lot opens for all-day race parking
- 4:00 a.m. – 4:45 a.m. – Bib pickup inside the Stinson Beach Community Center
- 4:00 a.m. – 4:45 a.m. – If you picked up your bib at SFRC, you must check in race morning with Clipboard Volunteer on Community Center porch
- 5:00 a.m. – Race Start
- 2:00 p.m. – Post-race BBQ begins
- 3:00 p.m. – Awards Presentation #1 – Overall Champions
- 5:00 p.m. – Awards Presentation #2 – Age Group Champions
- 8:30 p.m. – Finish Cutoff
- 9:00 p.m. – Community Center closes