Welcome to the 21st Annual Miwok 100K!
• May 7, 2016 – 5:00 a.m. – Stinson Beach, California •The Miwok 100K is very hilly (approximately 11,800 feet of cumulative elevation gain) with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais and the Point Reyes National Seashore. The course features fire roads and single-track trails with less than a mile of paved road. The race is very competitive at the front, and a rewarding challenge for all. There is TAILWIND drink on the course, fantastic post-race food from M.H. Bread & Butter, a SALOMON tech-fabric race shirt and a goodie bag with useful, ultra-specific items from our outstanding sponsors. Start/Finish is at the Stinson Beach Community Center nestled against Mount Tamalpais in the town of beautiful Stinson Beach, with its excellent cafés, a small market, lodging, and more.
Miwok is a lot of fun to run, and volunteering is also a blast!
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=33379.
(click Volunteer button in photo at link above)
You meet great people, help your community, and get food and some cool swag, too. It’s also a good way to learn about ultrarunning and improve your own performance by observing a lot of runners’ pacing and aid station strategies.All 2016 volunteers (8 hours) will receive an extra ‘ticket’ into the 2017 Miwok entry drawing, and many volunteers get into the following year’s race. Check out the Volunteers link on this website, or go to the Miwok page at Ultrasignup.com and click on Volunteer in the lower right corner, email your volunteer preference to Miwok100k@gmail.com.
Sponsors for the 2016 Miwok 100K include:
- Salomon – Shoes, Apparel and Hydration Gear
- Tailwind Nutrition: all your calories and electrolytes in one great-tasting sports drink
- San Francisco Running Company – the local source for everything running, and our pre-race bib pick-up location
- Tecnu – the best product to remove poison oak oils immediately post-race
- M.H. Bread & Butter – Ultrarunners Devon Crosby-Helms and Nathan Yanko’s café in San Anselmo will be providing fantastic post-race food for all runners at the finish
* * *Race Photography: Glenn Tachiyama http://www.tachifoto.net
* * *The 2015 Miwok 100K is a 2016 UTMB qualifier and a 2016 WS100 qualifier. The 2016 Miwok 100K is a 2017 WS100 qualifier and will be a 2017 UTMB qualifier.
If you cannot find the answers on this website, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions: email@example.com.
Tia Bodington, Race Director