Welcome to the 21st Annual Miwok 100K!
• May 7, 2016 – 5:00 a.m. – Stinson Beach, California •The Miwok 100K is very hilly (approximately 11,800 feet of cumulative elevation gain) with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais and the Point Reyes National Seashore. The course features fire roads and single-track trails with less than a mile of paved road. The race is very competitive at the front, and a rewarding challenge for all. There is fantastic post-race food, a tech-fabric race shirt and goodie bag with useful, ultra-specific items from our outstanding sponsors. Start/Finish is at the Stinson Beach Community Center nestled against Mount Tamalpais in the town of beautiful Stinson Beach, with its excellent cafés, a small market, lodging, and more.
Register for the Miwok 100K entry lottery 12/1 – 10, 2015, at Ultrasignup.com. The entrant list will be posted on December 12 on Ultrasignup.comThe Miwok 100K is a cup-less race. There will be no paper cups on the course, so bring your favorite running cup from home. We will have hot cups for soup at the Bolinas Ridge Aid Station, and for drinks at the finish.
Sponsors for the 2016 Miwok 100K include:
- Salomon – Shoes, Apparel and Hydration Gear
- Tailwind Nutrition: all your calories and electrolytes in one great-tasting sports drink
- Addaday – Tools to roll, massage and stretch
- Fuel-100 Electro-Bites – an excellent way to get your electrolytes
- Lagunitas Brewing Company – Miwok Trail Ale, LBC’s fine IPA (we’re working with the California regulators to get our special label back!)
- San Francisco Running Company – the local source for everything running, and our pre-race bib pick-up location
- Tecnu – the best product to remove poison oak oils immediately post-race
- M.H. Bread and Butter – Ultrarunners Devon Crosby-Helms and Nathan Yanko’s cafe in San Anselmo will be providing fantastic post-race food for all runners at the finish
* * *Race Photography: Glenn Tachiyama http://www.tachifoto.net
* * *The 2015 Miwok 100K is a 2016 UTMB qualifier and a 2016 WS100 qualifier. The 2016 Miwok 100K is a 2017 WS100 qualifier and will be a 2017 UTMB qualifier.
* * *The Miwok 100K is a cup-less race. There will be no paper cups on the course, so bring your favorite running cup from home. We will have hot cups for soup at the Bolinas Ridge Aid Station, and for drinks at the finish.
VolunteersMiwok is a lot of fun to run, and volunteering at the race can also be a blast. You meet great people, help your community, and get food and some cool swag, too. It’s also a good way to learn about ultrarunning and improve your own performance by observing a lot of runners’ pacing and aid station strategies. All 2015 volunteers (8 hours) will receive an extra ‘ticket’ into the 2016 Miwok lottery, and many volunteers get into the following year’s race. Check out the Volunteers link to see what you can do and send me an email at Miwok100k@gmail.com. Gratitude to our 2015 Captains and Clubs:
- Course-marking: Florencia Gascon-Amyx
- Muir Beach: Fred Liebes and Charlene Bayles
- Tennessee Valley: Stan Jensen
- Bridge View: Ana Braga-Levaggi, Tamalpa
- Cardiac: Alex Varner and Jorge Maravilla, SF Running Co.
- Bolinas Ridge: Franz and Jennifer Dill, Coastside
- Randall: Chuck Wilson
- Finish: Jim Richards, Excelsior
- RD Assistant: Ken Preston