Welcome to the Miwok 100K!
• May 6, 2017 – 5:00 a.m. – Stinson Beach, California •
* * *
Registration for the 2017 Miwok 100K entry lottery will be December 1 – 10, 2016 at ultrasignup.com and the 2017 entrant list will be posted on December 12, 2016.
The Miwok 100K is one of the most beautiful and iconic ultramarathons in the United States. The course is very hilly (approximately 11,800 feet of cumulative elevation gain), with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais and the Point Reyes National Seashore. The course features fire roads and single-track trails with less than a mile of paved road. The race is very competitive at the front, and a rewarding challenge for all. Start/Finish is at the Stinson Beach Community Center nestled against Mount Tamalpais in the town of beautiful Stinson Beach, with its excellent cafés, a small market, lodging, and more. We offer TAILWIND drink on the course, fantastic post-race food from M.H. Bread & Butter, a SALOMON tech-fabric race shirt and a goodie bag with useful, ultra-specific items from our outstanding sponsors.
Miwok is a lot of fun to run, and volunteering is also a blast!
You meet great people, help your community, and get food and some cool swag, too. It’s also a good way to learn about ultrarunning and improve your own performance by observing a lot of runners’ pacing and aid station strategies.All 2017 volunteers (8 hours) will receive an extra ‘ticket’ into the 2018 Miwok entry drawing, and many 2016 volunteers will get into the 2017 race. Check out the Volunteers page on this website in October, 2016 and email Miwok100k@gmail.com to volunteer for the 2017 race, or go to the Miwok page at Ultrasignup.com starting in October and click on Volunteer in the lower right corner.
Sponsors for the 2016 Miwok 100K included:
- Salomon – Shoes, Apparel and Hydration Gear
- Tailwind Nutrition: all your calories and electrolytes in one great-tasting sports drink
- San Francisco Running Company – the local source for everything running, and our pre-race bib pick-up location
- Tecnu – the best product to remove poison oak oils immediately post-race
- M.H. Bread & Butter – Ultrarunners Devon Crosby-Helms and Nathan Yanko’s café in San Anselmo will be providing fantastic post-race food for all runners at the finish
* * *Race Photography: Glenn Tachiyama http://www.tachifoto.net
* * *The 2016 Miwok 100K is a 2017 WS100 qualifier and a 2017 UTMB qualifier. If you cannot find the answers on this website, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions: email@example.com. Tia Bodington, Race Director