Welcome to the Miwok 100K!
The 20th annual Miwok 100K will take place on the first Saturday in May, 2015
• May 2 – 5:00 a.m. – Stinson Beach, California •
Registration for the lottery will be at Ultrasignup.com from Saturday, December 6 (8:00 a.m.) through Wednesday, December 10 (midnight). The 2015 20th Anniversary Miwok 100K Entrant List will be posted on Friday, December 12 as soon as I’ve had a cup of coffee (look for it by 7:00 a.m. here and on Ultrasignup.)
The 2015 course – I am finalizing details with California State Parks, GGNRA and Point Reyes National Seashore and expect the course to be the same as 2014. Complete information will be posted before registration opens.
The Trails in Motion Film Festival organized by Robert Rhodes is anticipated to take place on Thursday, April 30, 2015. Stay tuned!Huge thanks go to all the 2014 volunteers, and our Captains:
- Course-marking: Florencia Gascon-Amyx
- Bolinas Ridge: Ana Braga-Levaggi
- Randall: Chuck Wilson
- Cardiac: Alex Varner and Jorge Maravilla
- Muir Beach: Fred Liebes and Charlene Bayles
- Tennessee Valley: Stan Jensen
- Bridge View: Franz and Jennifer Dill
- Finish: Jim Richards
- RD Assistant: Ken Preston
- Finish Line: Michelle Fallone
- Brooks – fine quality race shirts
- Fuel-100 Electro-Bites – a great way to get your electrolytes
- Lagunitas Brewing Company – Miwok Trail Ale, LBC’s special label IPA
- Orange Mud – hydration packs, bottles, changing towel
- Osmo Active Hydration – electrolyte drink
- Pocket Fuel – real food in easy-to-carry pouches
- San Francisco Running Company – the local source for everything running
- Tecnu – poison oak wash
- Whole Foods – reusable cloth bags for all the Miwok goodies
* * *Race Photography: Glenn Tachiyama http://www.tachifoto.net and Keith Facchino http://www2.backprint.com/FacchinoPhotography/125034
* * *The Miwok 100K is a 3-point UTMB qualifier, as of June 2014. Miwok 2015 is a qualifier for the 2016 Western States Endurance Run.
* * *The Miwok 100K is a cup-less race. 2015 Entrants must each bring their own cup to use at aid stations. There will be no paper cups on the course. Start/Finish will once again be at the Stinson Beach Community Center nestled against Mount Tamalpais in the town of beautiful Stinson Beach, with its excellent cafes, a small market, lodging, and more. The Miwok 100K is very hilly (approximately 11,800 feet of cumulative elevation gain) with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais and the Point Reyes National Seashore. The course features fire roads and single-track trails with less than a mile of paved road. The race is very competitive at the front, and a rewarding challenge for all. There is a fantastic post-race barbecue, great tech-fabric race shirt and goodie bag with useful, ultra-specific items from our outstanding sponsors. Miwok is a cup-free race (except at the finish bbq, and for soup at Muir Beach in the evening), so remember to bring your own.