Welcome to the 21st Annual Miwok 100K!
• May 7, 2016 – 5:00 a.m. – Stinson Beach, California •A big thanks to everyone for participating in the 2015 Miwok 100K on May 2, 2015. On behalf of all the volunteers, spectators and sponsors, I’d like to congratulate you on meeting the challenge, or giving a great effort in the attempt. The weather was perfect for a long run, the wildflowers were out in abundance; I hope you all enjoyed the mysterious bagpiper at Cardiac, and our race pirate near the Pelican Inn. We had some top-notch competition and quite a few PRs this year and will endeavor to keep exactly this course for years to come, with cutoffs adjusted to reflect this year’s splits. Over $600 in proceeds from the sale of “vintage” Miwok 100K shirts, hats and blankets will be donated to the Himalayan earthquake relief fund, and leftover food donated to a local Food For Families organization. Our 2015 Captains and Clubs:
- Course-marking: Florencia Gascon-Amyx
- Muir Beach: Fred Liebes and Charlene Bayles
- Tennessee Valley: Stan Jensen
- Bridge View: Ana Braga-Levaggi, Tamalpa
- Cardiac: Alex Varner and Jorge Maravilla, SF Running Co.
- Bolinas Ridge: Franz and Jennifer Dill, Coastside
- Randall: Chuck Wilson
- Finish: Jim Richards, Excelsior
- RD Assistant: Ken Preston
- Addaday – Tools to roll, massage and stretch
- Bungalow Munch – delicious granola, created by a local ultrarunner Jeri Howland
- Fuel-100 Electro-Bites – a great way to get your electrolytes
- Lagunitas Brewing Company – Miwok Trail Ale, LBC’s special label IPA
- Orange Mud – hydration packs, bottles, changing towel
- Tailwind Nutrition: all your calories and electrolytes in one sports drink
- Pocket Fuel – real food in easy-to-carry pouches
- San Francisco Running Company – the local source for everything running
- Tecnu – the best product to remove poison oak oils immediately post-race
- M.H. Bread and Butter – Ultrarunners Devon Crosby-Helms and Nathan Yanko’s cafe in San Anselmo will be providing fantastic post-race food for all runners at the finish
* * *Race Photography: Glenn Tachiyama http://www.tachifoto.net and Andrew de Castilho
* * *The 2015 Miwok 100K is a 3-point UTMB qualifier; certification for 2016 UTMB is in progress. Miwok 2015 is a qualifier for the 2016 Western States Endurance Run.
* * *The Miwok 100K is a cup-less race. 2016 Entrants must each bring their own cup to use at aid stations. There will be no paper cups on the course. Start/Finish will once again be at the Stinson Beach Community Center nestled against Mount Tamalpais in the town of beautiful Stinson Beach, with its excellent cafes, a small market, lodging, and more. The Miwok 100K is very hilly (approximately 11,800 feet of cumulative elevation gain) with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais and the Point Reyes National Seashore. The course features fire roads and single-track trails with less than a mile of paved road. The race is very competitive at the front, and a rewarding challenge for all. There is fantastic post-race food, a tech-fabric race shirt and goodie bag with useful, ultra-specific items from our outstanding sponsors. Miwok is a cup-free race (except at the finish, and for soup at Randall in the evening), so remember to bring your own.